We summarize the main new tax measures included in the Law 31/2022 of General State Budgets for 2023.
Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Instead of the legal claim against the debtor or the notarial requirement, any other reliable means of proof of the debtor's claim to collection may be substituted.
- When the delinquent beneficiary is the final consumer, lower the minimum amount of the tax base to be able to correct it (it goes from 300 to 50 euros, VAT excluded).
- Extension of the period from three to six months to correct the invoices and carry out the rest of the VAT recovery procedures.
- Accelerated depreciation of certain vehicles: Investments in those energy-efficient vehicles that are used in economic activity and are put into operation during the tax periods that begin in 2023, 2024 and 2025 may be amortized on a straight-line basis twice as fast by multiplying by two the maximum coefficient of the income tables. officially approved amortization.
- New kind: Rate of 23% for entities with a net turnover of less than one million euros in the previous tax period.
Impuesto sobre la Renta de las Personas Físicas (IRPF)
- Withholding Type: The new deductions applicable to earned income modify the tax withholding rates applicable in 2023 in many cases. But it will only apply from February 2023, when the necessary adjustments will have to be made. In January, the tax withholding rates resulting from the regulations in force until December 31, 2022 must be applied.
- Earnings from work or economic activities: The direct estimate of the increase in net income due to reduced work and economic activity can amount to 6.498 euros per year. Likewise, the amounts lower than these two reductions will be increased: they will be applied to taxpayers with net income from work or economic activity of less than €19.747,50, provided they do not have income, excluding income exempt from work or activity economic, respectively, greater than 6500 euros.
- Modules: The quantitative limit applicable in previous years is extended until 2023 to enable the application of the objective estimation system of personal income tax.
- Savings tax rate: The rate of tax on income taxed on the basis of savings is raised again. As of 2023, income over €200.000 is taxed at 27% over the upper part of the previous limit, and income over €300.000 at 28% (until 2022, income over €200.000 was taxed at 26%).
- Obligation to declare: The lower limit for the exemption from the obligation to inform when income from work is obtained is raised to 15.000 euros (previously the limit was 14.000 euros). Note. The limit of 22.000 euros is applied when the remuneration is received from one or more payers, without variation, the second and remaining payers do not reach 1.500 euros.
- Imputation of real estate income: The estimated percentage of 1,1% will be applied to the properties of the municipality whose cadastral values have been reviewed, modified or determined through the general process of collective appraisal, as long as they are valid as of January 1, 2012.
- Deductible provisions and expenses that are difficult to justify: For individual entrepreneurs who determine their net income from activities by the simplified direct estimation method, the deduction percentages for a set of provisions and deductible expenses that are difficult to justify will be 7% during 2023 (instead of the 5% applicable until 2022). .
Finally, indicate that the Interest of delay and legal increase to 4,0625% and 3,25%, respectively, and the Public Indicator of Income for Multiple Effects (IPREM) by 2023 it increases, becoming 7.200 euros per year (8.400 euros in the cases in which the reference to the minimum interprofessional salary has been replaced by the reference to the IPREM).
For any questions or queries, contact Carrau Corporación and we will advise you.
Fiscal Area of Carrau Corporation